Thread: Simon 4
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #26
Litrick
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIAndy
It looks to me like quite renderable with today's graphics cards. And given that it is scheduled for early 2007, they probably assume today's high end as standard.
no way... check out the indoor scene, the details of the textures, and how high the polygon count is, for that to run real time, on current hardware, it would be the most impressive graphics engine available today, and i doubt they would develop the best 3d engine available for a point and click adventure.
Compare the indoor scene to a game which barely runs ok on the best graphics cards, like say oblivion... oblivion looks like crap compared.
I have a dual core amd64 4800+ with SLI 7800's, and i have seen it be brought down to very slow framrates with much lesser graphics than that.
Im pretty sure you will find those screens are pre renders, or have not gone through the optimization process yet, where they dramatically reduce polygon counts, and texutre detail to make sure it will be able to run ok.
so either way, the end game will be realtime 3d, but will not look quite that good. or will be pre-rendered backgrounds.