View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #20
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Actually on reflection and looking back at some of my photos, I am talking bobbins about Scotland. The landscape, particularly the further north you go, is probably quite similar to Norway. I still say less spectacular though.

Here are some of my own pics. All of these were taken around Fort William in the Highlands. I don't think we had a digital camera when we went to the far north!

Glencoe village.

Your reward for slogging up some mountain.

Your reward for slogging along a 13-mile track... ok so it was in the car, but it was narrow!

The view reserved for lazy bastards. The lift isn't a deathtrap or anything!

Part of the set for one of the Harry Potter films. Want to go on the Hogwarts Express? The Fort William to Mallaig steam train is what you want - it's the route you see in the first film. True fact!

As for why I suddenly had the impression that Scotland was barren and horrible, it was probably because I haven't been in summer for a few years. I've only been in winter in a vain attempt to ski, and the skiing in Scotland is both meagre and rubbish. Except even in winter it's not so bad:

So all in all, my memory fails.

Oh, and renting a holiday cottage - of which there are many - is the OFFICIAL way to see Scotland on a budget.

Last edited by Huz; 07-23-2006 at 07:02 PM.