View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Alliance
One Unlikely Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Alliance
Default Space Quest III Remake

Space Quest III - The Pirates of Pestulon
We at Dogma Day Games are doing this as our other project. It shall be remade in VGA graphics, have full voice acting, and SQ5 style sprites. And yes, it's being done alongside our Dumb Quest project, so Dumb Quest won't be cancelled.

The Story:

Well, we all know the story. Roger, asleep in his sleep chamber, wakes up on a garbage freighter. He has to get out of here, at least to do something! Come on, he may be a janitor, but geez. Anways, we only have a handful of screens doine, but it's starting to come together.

Some screenshots:

Please note that the screens are at a WIP stage, in no way are these screens final. (except the robot head)
Development Progress:

Story: 70% (still deciding whether to add extra things or not)
Scripting: 15%
Graphics: 2%
Sound/Music: 0%

Expected completion date: No idea

Development Diary:

July 3, 2006
2 new backgrounds completed. Scripting is moving along nicely, and it in other news, our forums feel dead. Why not go there?

July 12, 2006
Well, screens are moving along, Visionmind is doing a great job, and Largo Legrande is hard at work on the inventory items. Screenshots have been moved down to the bottom of the post, and just look how great they look!

The Site

The Forums

We're also looking for artists (I seriously cannot do all this myself) So just PM me with a sample of your work, and you could be part of a great remake!
EDIT: We now have a bg artist named Visionmind, and we have a sprite artist called Largo.
Visionmind is an excellent bg artist, and Largo is a great sprite artist.
7-20-06
Our very talented Visionmind has been cranking out a buttload of background screens, and now most of the garbage freighter is complete.