View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #8807
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Oh, I should add something.

Some names with "-hilda" or "-hilde" are still popular. "Mathilda/Matilda" and "Mathilde" are still alright.

I should point out that there's a law in Germany that regulates what you may call your child.

I quote from Wikipedia:

The First/Given name...

...has to be recogniseable as such/...has to be recogniseable as being a name.
...has to be recogniseably male OR female. (Exceptions are established names like René, Toni, Sascha.)
...may not harm the well-being of the Child.
...may not be a City-, Family- or Brand-Name. (Exceptions are established names. So no naming your female child "Paris", and I think the greek "Paris" might just be a bit too old to count. Also, the city Paris is pronounced "Pah-reese" [the 'reese' similar to the food stuff] while the greek name "Paris" is pronounced "Paa-riss" in German.)
...has to be decided within one month after the birth.
...can not be trademarked/copyrighted/patented/anything like that (to preserve it as unique this way.)

I bet all those babies of US celebrities with those 'original' names will one day wish they had been born to German parents.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!