View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #1438
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

I was surprised to find that I liked POTC2. It's nowhere near as tightly made as the first one (which is so so so so solid for a Hollywood action/adventure film), but it was really very entertaining without being offensively bad or going too far over the edge of retarded exploding car insanity too often (sometimes it was a little too out of control with retardedness, but it pulled itself back together pretty quick every time).

Also, yeah, I really liked how much it resembled Monkey Island 2. I think the first POTC still looks far more MI (especially all the nighttime shots which are either blue and white in the moonlight, or red/orange/brown/green inside a building. That blue/white + red/orange/brown/green 100% matches the indoor/outdoor night coloring palette used by the background artists in the first two MI games, it's awesome. The cinematography in POTC2 isn't nearly as solid, but it was still pretty.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens