View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

Default AG Community Game Playthrough #3: Conquests of the Longbow - The Legend of Robin Hood

As we discussed in this thread, and since there seemed to be no objections, I hereby announce the third AG Community Playthrough!

The subject of this playthrough: Conquests of the Longbow - The Legend of Robin Hood (Sierra, 1991). This game was designed by Christy Marx, and was a sort-of sequel to Conquests of Camelot - The Search for the Grail. It's a true Sierra classic, and one of my personal all-time favorites.

What we do
We play the game, together, one chunk at a time. Then we talk about it here. It's a way to get a bit of community into our gameplaying, and also take a closer look at the games. You can have a look at the first and second playthroughs, as well as the underground playthrough to see how it goes.

How to participate
  1. Get a copy of the game. You can download it from Christy Marx's website. You will also need the manual, which you can download from replacementdocs.
  2. Install and set up the game. You may have to use DOSBox, in which case a DOSBox frontend (e.g. D-Fend) will come in handy. You should also install the patch. If you need help, you can ask on the Technical Forum.
  3. Start the game, watch the (beautiful) intro, listen to the music.
  4. Play!
  5. Stop at the breakpoint (and save!). I'll make a post when it's time to move on to the next chunk.
  6. Post your impressions, thoughts and comments in this thread.

The current breakpoint is the beginning of Day 2. We will move on to the next chunk next week, on or around July 9th.

Last edited by After a brisk nap; 07-03-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the manual and the patch