View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noknowncure
I really didn't enjoy the story at all - but I've moaned about it in other threads, so rather than ruin yours - I'm genuinely curious as to what you find so great about it.
It's like watching/interacting with a great movie such as lord of the rings. The whole cinematic production is slick as anything. Attention to detail is second to none. It's got everything in it really. How many games mix up modern day 'moment of silence' type environments with medieval locations? And it works very well too. It's got monsters and beasts which look really good and sound really good. It's got magic. It's got humour. It's got emotion. It's got drama. And it's got some puzzles. I dunno, I started the game with pre-concenceptions based on what everyone was saying about it and wasn't impressed at all when starting out in casablanca, especially whilst playing games like paradise and secrets of davinci which require real thinking. But it's nice now and again to make a game move along so you can see what's next without being bogged down with tricky puzzles. I was expecting a boring, too much dialogue based game. Well yeah, it has plenty of dialogue but it's all very interesting to listen to. Maybe my opinion will change when I finish it, but I can't see why. I can't remember much about the puzzles in the original longest journey as to how they compare because it's years since I played it, but I believe I'm enjoying the overall game as much. It's probably fair to say that I'm more easily pleased or more forgiving with adventure games than some others.