View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #216
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
What is this Messiah game and when was it released? Is it like Omnikron or is it something completely different.
Messiah was released in 2000 after many delays and months of relentless barrage from Shiny's hype machine. Arriving on the wings of phenomenal, yet much more action-oriented MDK, it was supposed to be a truly revolutionary game, both in concept and execution. However, it garnered rather lukewarm reviews once it finally hit the shelves. Much like Fable, it wasn't really a bad game, but after all the promisses people expected, well, the Messiah.

That, and initially it was full of bugs. It's been patched reasonably well, though, the only problems I encountered so far (after I got it running by setting the compatibility mode to Windows 2000 ) were some random crashes mostly occuring after the cutscenes.

And to answer your other question, it's not really like Omikron. There are some platforming elements and maybe a bit more action to it, but it actually depends on the way you choose to play the game. I've seen it compared to Deus Ex in that regard, but I wouldn't know because Deus Ex still sits on my shelf unplayed................... Noooo, not on the head!

Anyway, this review should give you the basic idea.

EDIT: Oops, RLacey beat me by an hour, but I don't much agree with what he said so it's okay.

Oh, and the possesion couldn't be simpler, you just jump into someone (from any direction on easy, from the back and the sides on normal and from the back only on hard) and flap your wings a little.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-28-2006 at 02:05 PM.