View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 05:12 AM   #1356
Dasilva
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I finally just reinstated my Netflix account and am now starting again to catch up on my movies.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith - A cute but ultimately disengaged romantic action comedy thingy. As always, 'Pillow Lips' Jolie looks drop dead gorgeous and naturally wicked, so it seems a no-brainer for her. I think they could've truly pushed the envelope on this one but instead played it safe and ended up with a cynical yet clinical look at marriage. You're far, far better off with the teasingly evil Mr. & Mrs Smith (1941) from the master himself, Alfred Hitchcock.

Batman Begins - Hey, I liked this more dramatic and deeply gloomy rendition. It's refreshing after seeing Tim Burton's more "Please-don't-hate-me-'cause-I'm-weird" interpretation of the comic book hero's story. Batman as humanistic character study, and philosophical clashes to boot. I also like how the special effects this time takes the passenger seat while the human drama drives. A mindful action movie - the hero's journey.
The Mr. & Mrs. Smith TV series was great, Im a big fan of the series so I had some high expectations for the film, I thought it was a good movie, safe but good.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives