View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #59
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Their third party support is still there, with pretty much most of the 360 upcoming 3rd party games announced for the PS3 as well. Take a look at ubisoft's upcoming lineup of games for example. Microsoft themselves definitely have good third party support this generation, but I haven't seen Sony's yet waning.
It has a great third party support, even better than anyone else at the moment, but future support depends on how well the market accepts PS3. It's too early to talk about that, I agree, I just want to point out that developer support isn't set in stone.

Quote:
Let's put it this way, the 360 has pretty much the same type of lineup as the XBOX. Shooters, sports games, the multi-platform games and such. The XBOX was known as a platform for the hardcore gamer, and the 360 seems to be following closely in its footsteps.
You're mostly right, but Microsoft has put a lot of effort into diversifying their offer, what with all the XBLA games, increased japanese developer support and aqusitions of studios like Rare. We'll see if they succeed in that, but it seems to me they're on the right track.

Quote:
I read an interview with those guys where they were saying that E3 only showcased the fighting in the game, but that the game is very much an Action-Adventure with a story behind it. The demo was more for the WOW factor.
We'll see, even their tech wasn't that impressive if we consider how small and enclosed that arena was. Still, the previous trailer sure looked nice and they seem like a nice bunch of people so I hope they manage to deliver on that.

On a related note, I read an interview with Silicon Knights in which they claim Too Human's E3 showing wasn't really representative of the game either, so it's possible we'll get two great action adventure brawlers in the end.

Quote:
So is Gears of War and Halo, but they are for reason cast as the holy grail of gaming.
No, I just meant to say that it dosn't fin into your imposed frame of non-hardcore games.

Quote:
It's not like GTA wasn't available for the XBOX. You could get San Andreas only 6 months after it was released for the PS2.
That's a big difference from having it available on both platforms from day one, though.

Quote:
I am not ignoring any facts at all, I actually know EXACTLY what is inside the 360 and the PS3, and what they both have to offer, what games are announced for them and so on. Both have enough exclusive first party games to interest me, but for now I give the nudge to the PS3 based on my experience with their prior gen consoles.
That's all fine and dandy, but this whole thing started with you poking fun at supposed crappy quality of 360 games and now you're kind of contradicting yourself.

Ha ha, loooooser!

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-16-2006 at 01:51 AM.