View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #56
CrimsonBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
So in theory, Xbox games look much better, the ones I played anyway. Unlike the PS3, all the PS2 & PS1 game will not be 'made pretty'.
The PS3 will play the PS2 and PS1 games in hi-def.

And regarding the whole Xbox 360, it's kinda insulting to call sports games and shooters "hardcore" games. I mean, FIFA? What's hardcore about that? I wouldn't call Table Tennis a hardcore game either.

Also, do you really have to like shooters to be a hardcore gamer? I prefer to look at a hardcore gamer as someone who is deeply into the gaming hobby. I hate shooters, I play a couple of soccer games, and I liked Table Tennis, but wouldn't consider myself as a fan of sports games. I love a good platformer, but it's gotta be really good, like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank. Not like Super Mario Sunshine, that was just tedious. Racing games are one of my all-time favourite genres, but I see myself getting less and less excited about them. I love Metal Gear Solid games and I really enjoyed Tomb Raider Legend. I'd also say games like KOTOR and Jade Empire is pretty hardcore. It's not a game for casual gamers, not even the slightest.

Last edited by CrimsonBlue; 06-16-2006 at 12:45 AM.