View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 11:51 PM   #55
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Their 3rd party support might wane. Then again, it might not, I'm just saying it's a possibility and that right now (ie. in forseeable future) they have very little to offer, especially considering how much more money you should put aside for a PS3.
Their third party support is still there, with pretty much most of the 360 upcoming 3rd party games announced for the PS3 as well. Take a look at ubisoft's upcoming lineup of games for example. Microsoft themselves definitely have good third party support this generation, but I haven't seen Sony's yet waning.

Quote:
They're not all multi-platform. Kameo is a total exclusive, Condemned, Oblivion and Gun are console exclusives (which is important because not all console gamers have PC-s that can run modern games) and the rest are the only next gen console versions at the moment (well, duh, but still true ).
Gun was a pretty bad 360 port. Kameo is not that good of a game by Rare. Condemned and Oblivion are both PC games, with only the last one being the sole GREAT game released for the 360 console so far.

Quote:
And what do you mean I'm ignoring all others? Which ones? And does it matter? I'm just showing there's more than enough good non-hardcore games (again, by your definition) because you were implying there weren't.
Let's put it this way, the 360 has pretty much the same type of lineup as the XBOX. Shooters, sports games, the multi-platform games and such. The XBOX was known as a platform for the hardcore gamer, and the 360 seems to be following closely in its footsteps.

Quote:
Assasin's Creed should also come to 360 and I wouldn't bet MGS4 won't eventually.
Possible though not confirmed yet. Assasin's Creed I am sure will transition to the 360 but MGS hasn't done well on the XBOX so it's still questionable if it will move to the 360 (just look at MGS3 which is still a PS2 exclusive).

Quote:
I've been looking forward to Heavenly Sword, but I must say the E3 demonstration disappointed me. It looks great and is beautifully animated, but also gives the impression it could become quite boring in the long run. Still looks better than Too Human in its current state, though.
I read an interview with those guys where they were saying that E3 only showcased the fighting in the game, but that the game is very much an Action-Adventure with a story behind it. The demo was more for the WOW factor.

Quote:
Naughty Dog's game was a big letdown for me, it looks generic. I'm willing to reserve my judgement until we laearn more about it, but right now I'm not interested one bit.

I am interested in Lair, however, but we've yet to see any gameplay footage.
Exactly we don't know too much about them. But I know that Naughty Dog's prior games were pretty darn good, so that's why I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Lair is a big question mark for me. It looks cool but I just know nothing about it.

Quote:
Insomniac's shooter is, well, a shooter.
So is Gears of War and Halo, but they are for reason cast as the holy grail of gaming.

Quote:
Yet you'll agree that even that means A LOT for MS, especially when people might end up getting more (episodic content) on a cheaper platform.
It's not like GTA wasn't available for the XBOX. You could get San Andreas only 6 months after it was released for the PS2.

Quote:
Like I said. there's a difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. There's nothing wrong with being a fan, but fanboys tend to ignore all facts that contradict their positions and blindly defend their platforms of choice. I don't think you're quite there yet, but you'd know better.
I am not ignoring any facts at all, I actually know EXACTLY what is inside the 360 and the PS3, and what they both have to offer, what games are announced for them and so on. Both have enough exclusive first party games to interest me, but for now I give the nudge to the PS3 based on my experience with their prior gen consoles.

Firefox rules