View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #54
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Me too I am at work and without this argument here, I have to figure out why IE is crashing I prefer to entice the MS fanboys. Wonder why Trep is sitting on the sidelines.
He's too busy enjoying his 360.

Quote:
You can definitely do that, but some of these "BIG" announcements you mention for the 360 have happened just this E3, so it's not fair to judge Sony NOW on their lineup, when they have 2 or 3 of their studios still developing games for the PS2. Once everyone moves on to the PS3, then you can fairly judge it.
Of course, I might change my opinion then, but right now I have little reason to look forward to PS3. Sony will definitely have a fair share of interesting games coming from it's own 1st and 2nd party studios (just like Nintendo had all along), but their 3rd party support might wane. Then again, it might not, I'm just saying it's a possibility and that right now (ie. in forseeable future) they have very little to offer, especially considering how much more money you should put aside for a PS3.

Quote:
All multi-platform. But you are ignoring all the other games that fit that criteria.
They're not all multi-platform. Kameo is a total exclusive, Condemned, Oblivion and Gun are console exclusives (which is important because not all console gamers have PC-s that can run modern games) and the rest are the only next gen console versions at the moment (well, duh, but still true ).

EDIT: Correction - Gun is just a next gen exclusive.

And what do you mean I'm ignoring all others? Which ones? And does it matter? I'm just showing there's more than enough good non-hardcore games (again, by your definition) because you were implying there weren't.

Quote:
Metal Gear Solid 4, Assasin's Creed, and Heavenly Sword all look like great titles. And I don't know too much about Insomniac's shooter or Lair or Naughty Dog's game to judge them, but they can turn out to be good games as well. I mean Insomniac is the developer of Ratchet and Clank so they have a pretty promising pedigree, and Naughty Dog has the Jak franchise.
Assasin's Creed should also come to 360 and I wouldn't bet MGS4 won't eventually.

I've been looking forward to Heavenly Sword, but I must say the E3 demonstration disappointed me. It looks great and is beautifully animated, but also gives the impression it could become quite boring in the long run. Still looks better than Too Human in its current state, though.

Naughty Dog's game was a big letdown for me, it looks generic. I'm willing to reserve my judgement until we laearn more about it, but right now I'm not interested one bit.

I am interested in Lair, however, but we've yet to see any gameplay footage.

Insomniac's shooter is, well, a shooter.

Quote:
GTA is confirmed for both so that doesn't count.
Yet you'll agree that even that means A LOT for MS, especially when people might end up getting more (episodic content) on a cheaper platform.

Quote:
I might be a fanboy if you must, but seriously who isn't. I know a lot of people claim otherwise, but it's just human to pick sides. But I wasn't always a Sony fanboy. I had my first PS2 less than 2 years ago and just to get something different than a PC (which the XBOX wasn't), and before that I only played Windows game, so my loyalty to Sony or anyone else is based on my experiences and enjoyment with their platform.
Like I said. there's a difference between being a fan and being a fanboy. There's nothing wrong with being a fan, but fanboys tend to ignore all facts that contradict their positions and blindly defend their platforms of choice. I don't think you're quite there yet, but you'd know better.

Last edited by insane_cobra; 06-15-2006 at 11:26 PM.