View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #40
BerserkerTails

Quote:
However, when the playing started it only took me one mouse click to get myself killed I had to laugh. It all came back to me, the reason why I had quit playing the game before. I watched the moat snake finish the prince and then I quit the game, again.
To me, it seems that clicking the walk icon on the moat with the evil looking snake things would obviously result in death. People tend to criticize Sierra games because "You can walk off a cliff and die" or other deaths such as that.

...Isn't that common knowledge? You wouldn't walk off a cliff in real life, or go swimming in a dangerous moat, so why get annoyed when doing so in a game results in death?

And I know eventually someone will bring up the puzzle in KQ1 where if you push the rock from one side, you die, and if you push it from the other, you live. Yes, this is a bad puzzle. Yes, it doesn't make sense. But you have to remember that it's in the game to showcase the fact that the game recognizes whether you're IN FRONT OF or BEHIND something. KQ1 was the first game that allowed "3d" movement of that sort, so you've got to remember that.