View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #37
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Most overrated

DOTT: Awful and unrewarding puzzles that only make sense long after you've solved them, no story.
GK2: By far the weakest of the series, with some terribly uninspired parts (esp. the whole chapter 4) and really awful acting.
Heh, there goes 2 of my Top 5 Adventure Games.

I thought GK2 was the strongest of the series, and frankly, I loved Chapter 4 because without it, the whole story wouldn't be as excellent. I didn't always love Chapter 4 though. I first got GK2 on Christmas day 1995. I was only 15 years old. My friend Kevin got the game a few days later, he was 14, and we were both playing it. At that time, I remember we would both say, "The Beast Within is such a great game! Well...except for the Grace chapters..." Ha ha. We particularly hated Chapter 4 because it was all about research...clicking around the screen in old castles. However, these days I love all the chapters, and I love how much story and depth is added to the game in Chapter 4.

As for the acting, I think it compares favorably with most television acting over here. Not feature film, but that's ok...