View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #7483
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

Once upon a time there was a young, sprightly, handsome, optimistic lad called squarejawhero, and he was having a cup of tea. Just then, a Private Message from a certain Robert arrived.

"Robert who?", thought squarejawhero, while reading his amusing request.

Not wanting to come off as rude, though, he clicked on the "Reply" button, typed the following and pressed "Send":

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
SJH,

I'm desperate. I have no friends, everyone hates me (particularly this cute girl), and I'm tearing my hair out over my lack of popularity. The fact that I'm turning to you should be proof that there's no one else left.

Could you possibly do me a favour?

Start a thread in the Chit Chat forum. Title it "Thread Must Die!", and in it I want you to start a little game. A little game that I'm going to win. Because this is the only thing that I have left to focus on if I'm ever going to be even remotely popular.

Here's how it works. Those who post in the thread have to post something they're certain will make this thread die. Last person to post is the winner. Clever, huh? You might want to use an image like this to illustrate the point, because it's amusing and thus incredibly cool.

You might want to offer some kind of prize - a drawing or something - but there's no need to worry, as I'm going to win, and we both know that I'll forget to ever actually call for my prize. Essentially, this thread should just carry on until I win or choose to reveal that this whole thing was my idea; the thread then ends, so you'll never have to actually supply a prize.

I realise that this is a slightly strange request, but I reckon it could work. I'm sure that I can astound the other forumites with my uniquely gifted prose writing and my inventiveness, and that should make me pretty damn popular, don't you think?

Thanks in advance!

RL
Whatever.

SJH