View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #7481
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Karmillo...

RLACEY PRESENTS
THE THREAD™

Once upon a time there was a young, sprightly, handsome, optimistic lad called Robert, and he had a dream. A dream to wipe the smile off the collective faces of the Adventure Gamers forum-dwellers. A dream to be marginally more popular than the "unpopular" status enjoyed previously.

And so our intrepid hero formed a plan. He went to his Private Messages Inbox and clicked on the word "New"; he entered "squarejawhero" into the box created for the purpose of determining the PM's recipient. And then the marginally-less-than-great RLacey typed the following and pressed "Send":

Quote:
SJH,

I'm desperate. I have no friends, everyone hates me (particularly this cute girl), and I'm tearing my hair out over my lack of popularity. The fact that I'm turning to you should be proof that there's no one else left.

Could you possibly do me a favour?

Start a thread in the Chit Chat forum. Title it "Thread Must Die!", and in it I want you to start a little game. A little game that I'm going to win. Because this is the only thing that I have left to focus on if I'm ever going to be even remotely popular.

Here's how it works. Those who post in the thread have to post something they're certain will make this thread die. Last person to post is the winner. Clever, huh? You might want to use an image like this to illustrate the point, because it's amusing and thus incredibly cool.

You might want to offer some kind of prize - a drawing or something - but there's no need to worry, as I'm going to win, and we both know that I'll forget to ever actually call for my prize. Essentially, this thread should just carry on until I win or choose to reveal that this whole thing was my idea; the thread then ends, so you'll never have to actually supply a prize.

I realise that this is a slightly strange request, but I reckon it could work. I'm sure that I can astound the other forumites with my uniquely gifted prose writing and my inventiveness, and that should make me pretty damn popular, don't you think?

Thanks in advance!

RL
So, there you have it. It was all an elaborate scam crafted by myself (with help from SJH) in a desperate attempt to make myself seem clever, amusing or at all worthwhile as a human being (and to get the girl). And now it's over.

It's been a fun ride, kiddos. And, if just one of you even vaguely likes me as a result of this thread, then it's been a success. I seriously hope that it has.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Last edited by RLacey; 06-06-2006 at 12:31 PM.