View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #1314
Lucien21
Psychonaut

United 93

Detailing the harrowing story of the people aboard United 93 on Sept 11th 2001.

This is a stunning movie filmed with hand held cameras really puts you in the middle of the events.

Take a ring side seat and watch the chaos unfold as the story flicks between the plane and various FAA, air traffic control and Military installations trying to understand what is going on and come to terms with the unfolding disaster.

It never once delves into sentimentality, you never see background on any of the characters (In fact you never really get to hear their names). No flag waving, no Bruce willis type heroes, just simple people scared and desperate to save their life.

Although I did think they overdid the ending with the attempt to take back the plane. *spoilers*
Spoiler:
I don't think there is any evidence that they actually made it into the cockpit or killed 2 of the terrorists.
*spoilers*

A Masterful piece of cinema.

Posideon

Remake of the old Gene Hackman flick "The Posideon Adventure".

Loved it. Of course the old one is a better movie, but the SFX and updating make this a worthy remake.

Starts off with a superb 360 camera sweep of the new boat. (Nice CGI).

Skip to the characters give each of them a little air time, have a new years party then HIT THE BOAT WITH A 150 FOOT WAVE.

COOL.........the cgi was excellent as the boat gets flipped, bodies start piling up and everything goes to hell.

So it leaves it up to Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell etc to lead a few survivors including annoying kid up(or down) through the boat to try and escape.

Old fashioned disaster flick with a new glossy CGI coat.

One of the better blockbusters to be released this year.