View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #12
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
The top PCs can produce better graphics than the 360 can even now...
I agree, yes, but in all honesty I don't give a shit. I just love the convenience of not having to worry about whether my PC is up to date hardware-wise.

As for technologically demanding, PC exclusive games, and games made only for the other consoles, well, I choose not to give a shit, either. That's because I accept the fact that I don't own those hardware and cannot play those games, so I simply focus on what's available and up and coming for my Xbox360, and pick and choose there. I don't think it's better than having the most bleeding edge PC, any more than if I already have a bleeding edge PC and am tempted to declare that that is better than any next gen console.

It is what it is, at least for me. I know what I'm missing.

Quote:
I have a Xbox, and undoubtably will get a 360 at some point, but it's only for the convenience.
Exactly. But for me personally it has turned into a lifestyle. I just come home from work, pop in a game, and vanish for a couple hours or so. It's a non-geek geekiness.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien