Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #85
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinking_dylan
oerhort, in brief, 'no'.
£400 for a console will buy me new ram and a graphics card. And consoles, next gen or not, don't hold a candle to PCs IMO. I mean, thinking of the amount of things I use my PC for, I can't justify NOT keeping an up to date PC =)
Just say it doesn't work for you personally and your lifestyle and needs.

For me I'm perfectly happy with my 360. I'm poor these days so it's a wise investment because I'll have it for the next 5 years and I needn't worry about stupid things like graphics cards and PhysX and new motherboards and all that crap, which would end up costing me a lot more than the $400 I spent for the console. Also I need a break from worrying about upgrading and whether my PC is up to date, etc. I'm just sick of that, really. I'm happy with my current HP Compaq laptop, it's fine for what I need, which is NOT necessarily gaming. Instead, I use it for typical PC stuff - writing, researching, organizing, email, browsing, etc.

So as far as feeling I'm missing out on PC games, screw that. I don't need the hassle at this point in my life and would just rather pop in a game in the console and chill into Oblivion or whatever game I have for a few hours.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien