View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #25
Glenn Epic
How am I not myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I miss you already, Epsie..........and I haven't even met you yet.
Yeah, you get yer arse on saving up for that notebook and get back in here! Glad you're having fun.
I miss you guys too. Never fear... a laptop is in the woodwork. Shouldn't take too long to save up for one.

As for the comment about never meeting me... Don't worry about that, you will. It's inevitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdude28
Japan lucky you It's one of my most favorite countries, and I wish I can go there for a year as well.
Actually, I only stayed for one night in Tokyo. As it turned out, we arrived at the Narita airport (the Tokyo interaction airport. Approx. 1 hour away from Tokyo City) somewhere around evening time. Granted that the train takes one hour to get to the city coupled with the fact that the trains stopped running at 12 we were faced with 2 choices. 1. Stay in Tokyo city till 6 A.M the following morning and catch the first train back whilst praying not to miss our 7-something flight to China, or 2. Stay in our free accomodation at the Narita airport hotel. Wisely, We opted for the later. It turned out great. We purchased some Suntory Time Wiskey and patrolled Narita City (For a refreshing time drink Suntory Time - Lost in Translation referrence. The second I saw it I had to have it).

Anyway, to the point, the city that I'm staying in is called Qingdao. It's China's most famous costal city, also one of the most popular tourist destinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
That sounds like great working conditions. I teach (though on sick leave right now) as well and I do a minimum of 45 hours/week.
Woah! 45 hours a week. That's intense! And that's actually real teaching. As an ESL teaching in China all I really do is try maintain a state of order and read instructions for a book, along with doing a little bit of explaining here and there.