View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #48
Fairygdmther
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litrick
1.) Ok, so now because she didnt get another HIV test, its someone elses fault other than hers for "not being medically savvy"...hmmm

2.) yoiu say it "MAY" have been presented to her like this... speculation, and besides, you still have a choice even if it was presented to you this way, experimental drug trials are not something to enter into lightly

3.) fair enough, i was just saying that is an option, all be it an unwanted one because of emotion. (logically is a different story)

4.) Well if it is as the story claims, she was a pillar of health until the second she started taking the drugs... fairly easy conclusion to make
First I'd like to say this - the world is not as black and white as you perceive it. I've been a nurse for 39 years, and seen a lot of people intimidated by their docs into doing something they didn't want to do.

1.) Ok, so now because she didnt get another HIV test, its someone elses fault other than hers for "not being medically savvy"...hmmm

If the lab test says it's AIDS and the doc says so, she may be too timid to ask or the doc could have said it wasn't necessary, or was told that her insurance wouldn't pay for a second test.

2.) you say it "MAY" have been presented to her like this... speculation, and besides, you still have a choice even if it was presented to you this way, experimental drug trials are not something to enter into lightly

I'm sure she didn't enter into it lightly - she saw it as hope for her and her child - she obviously didn't give informed consent to this knowing that death might ensue.

3.) fair enough, i was just saying that is an option, all be it an unwanted one because of emotion. (logically is a different story)

4.) Well if it is as the story claims, she was a pillar of health until the second she started taking the drugs... fairly easy conclusion to make

I'm sure she didn't die the day after receiving the drugs - there is a progression there, as well as with her pregnancy, and with AIDS - perhaps even over several months. Let me say this - don't become a doctor - you don't have the skills, people or logical.

Lynsie