Adventure Forums - View Single Post - How to die from AIDS
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #41
Litrick
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
doesn't this point defeat itself? your saying that the person who is to die is desperate to live thus out of desperation takes a drug which they think might just keep them alive. and this makes it her fault that she died from the drug even though it was thought she never had the disease in the first place? WHAT?!

just because she was ill after she took the drug doesn't mean she thought it was doing her body injustice. the only injustice was the fact that an innocent woman was killed for the sake of experimentation, and if they cared at all then her and the other lab rats would have been well regulated by the so-called professionals to see how her body coped with the drug.
i have trouble beleiving someone would enter into a drug trial for a disease they do not think they have. would you?

Secondly, if your health is fine, and then starts failing immediatly after you start taking an experimental drug, if you are stupid enough to keep taking it i beleive it is partly your own fault. As i stated before, there is nothing forcing you to take it.
the fact is there have been many unsuccessful drug trials, some with tragic results. there have also been many successful trails which have resulted in life saving cures. Trying to make the people who are researching these cures look evil because of one tragic result is just plain stupid. yes it is tragic, but its not as if they knew the drug was going to have that effect, they were hoping for the exact opposite, if it the particapant CHOOSES to continue the trail, then the scientists can hardly be held responsible for their choice.