View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 05:46 AM   #24
Marek
Puts the 'e' in Mark

This just in: there was some brief discussion amongst the team yesterday about letting the database run through a Dutch-to-English translator. Who knows. Also, the problems some of you have experienced relate to the Flash player version. Version 7.000000010243 works fine but v7.0000000003045 messes it all up or something.

Anyway, today we showed the game at the festival it was created for. We actually got really nice feedback. People walked past our computer terminals and said things like 'oooh hey, this is where you can make those poems, someone told me about that'. Some people actually created some vaguely coherent poems with the words on those trees. Here's two translated examples:

"i've been shot today
and rose again in my dreams
in some dreams you were there
beautifully between the stars"

"her curves were beautiful
the mailman agreed
and of course i dream often of her
my sweet jasmijn"

There's also quite a number of suggestive lines and just funny stuff that people wrote. Things like "need more bald women!" or "come and wash us with your mighty swords" or "she licks a lot". There's also a poem that starts with "my dear pole"

So far only 3 people managed to play the game to the end. Most people die in level 4 of the office game.