Thread: Kettles
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #24
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
I must admit, I've known Americans are weird when it comes to tea and its preparation for at least a year. Last year while travelling around Europe, I had the following conversation with an American fellow traveller:

Me: "Want some tea?"
Him: "Sure, I'll have a glass of tea."

A glass? But I let it slide.

As it happened, there was only one mug, which I claimed, so he got his glass in the end.

Next question.
Me: "Milk?"
Him: "Milk? In tea? Hahaha!"

Americans are weird.

I have to admit, my uncle used to drink tea out of glasses. But it were glass mugs, and we still have those old glass mugs that are held in a basket kind of holder, so that you don't burn your fingers. So it's not *really* a glass. Just a mug made from glass.

And who drinks tea out of mugs anyway?

Okay, so I *do* have a mug that I drink tea out of. But I *HAVE* to. It's my mug of World Domination!

And unless the tea in question is peppermint tea, milk is a must. Although I actually drank peppermint tea with milk (and *lots* of sugar. I was in Egypt at the time, and wanted to try it for once. The people there drink their tea terribly sweet.) before. It wasn't all that bad.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!