View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
bysmitty
Bad command or file name

Click here and pick the one that best fits your budget. The tricky thing with notebooks is most are very lacking in the graphics department... the most important part of gaming. 3d games like Fahrenheit or dreamfall will likely not run properly on any off the shell dell or HP laptop. I recommend picking one up from the budget gaming boutique like ibuypower.com or cyberpowerinc.com as they design their laptops with gaming in mind. Even the x700 on their cheapest laptops will be strong enough for nearly all games for a while.

Last year I picked up an amd 3700+ laptop that had a 9600 mobility in there from cyberpower.com and even on newer games, it still games pretty well.

Give me a budget to work with and I can let you know what would get you the most bang for your buck.

Something like that 1ghz laptop you mentioned will work okay for certain adventure games. Older 2d games like curse of monkey island or longest journey are more processor heavy than GPU so as long as your laptop meats the min requirments you will be okay. When you start talking 3d adventure games like Broken Sword 4 or even newer 2d adventures, it will not be up to snuff.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!