View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #15
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Whoa this is too good! I don't even have to turn my fanboy mode on to match, common sense will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
The two consoles may look very similar on screenshots, but when the full power of the PS3 is unleashed, it'll be wayyy past the 360.
Too bad that the developers themselves don't share that sentiment.

Quote:
For one, it features a higher resolution, progressively scanned (as opposed to interlaced on the 360).
Yet not used in most (any so far?) games and not fully taken advantage of on a cheaper model.

Quote:
It'll be able to run both Linux and homemade software (!).
Absolutely unimportant to some 90% of its target audience.

Quote:
Plus, owners will be able to replace the 20/60GB harddrive with ANY ATA HD, which is a big advantage over MS in my opinion (cheap media center anyone?).
As opposed to superior SATA drives in Xbox 360 consoles. Still, an advantage? Sure. A big advantage? Right...

Quote:
The only disadvantage it has versus the 360 is that it's harder (and more costly) to develop games for the PS3, but once developers get the hang of it, they'll begin to discover and utilize what the PS3 is capable of, at which point the 360 will be (technically atleast) no match for the 360.
Boy, this is just like reading Sony's PR material. Love your crystalballing, so much style. I'd also like to hear your reasononing on PS3's online service. As servers will be run by developers/publishers themselves, they'll probably remain free of charge, just because everyone loves Raymond Sony.

Quote:
I'm not defending of attacking any console here, and I'm still thinking which one I'll be buying, so this is just my view on things.
Yeah, it's obvious you're just doing that. Phil.