View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #12
jjacob

I don't see what that old article 'proves'. Sony's got a solid console coming, even if they made some regrettable mistakes (as has MS), including their screwed up E3 conference. The two consoles may look very similar on screenshots, but when the full power of the PS3 is unleashed, it'll be wayyy past the 360. For one, it features a higher resolution, progressively scanned (as opposed to interlaced on the 360). It looks like a big chunk of US consumers already own HDTVs capable of 1080p, especially in a year's (or two) time. So aside from featuring crisper graphics, it'll be able to do a lot more FPU calculations, and probably also physics. It'll be able to run both Linux and homemade software (!). Plus, owners will be able to replace the 20/60GB harddrive with ANY ATA HD, which is a big advantage over MS in my opinion (cheap media center anyone?). The only disadvantage it has versus the 360 is that it's harder (and more costly) to develop games for the PS3, but once developers get the hang of it, they'll begin to discover and utilize what the PS3 is capable of, at which point the 360 will be (technically atleast) no match for the 360.

I'm not defending of attacking any console here, and I'm still thinking which one I'll be buying, so this is just my view on things.