View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #6697
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
And, in English?

"[I fa]ar sharei dul bulesk. Shan kejik ar cjure, mar kibei ned sarliv. Ered Nar!"

Mmmh...let me see.

"Behold, the Bulesk (NOTE: Bulesk is some kind of semi-mythical carrion bird, it seems.)have claimed the corpses. Empress[,] (NOTE: "cjure" should be "Cjure". Always capitalise the "C", because it is a title.) thy words were true. (NOTE: It literally says: "Your blue words Empress", but it doesn't quite transfer to English. "Blue" means "truth" and also shows past tense. So it basically means "Truth in the Past". And I just felt like writing "Thy" instead of "your", because it goes so well with "Behold".), but [foolishly] I listened [like a] Sarliv. (NOTE: literally: "Bold I had listened [like] 'Mirror-Fox'.". "Sarliv", is the mirror-twin of foxes, which are called "Vilras". A mirror-twin stands for the opposite things that the real-world creature stands for. I guess foxes being regarded as clever is universal. You don't actually need to include "foolishly" if you use "Sarliv", but of course you have to know the meaning of "Sarliv" for that.). Flying Hippos! (NOTE: Heh, I just had to translate it literally. It's an expression of frustration. Can also be used as an expression of surprise, obviously. )

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!