View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #1209
Junkface
Grah! Grah!

When I grow up, I'm going to be just like Robert Hamer. Apparently Kindhearts and Coronets was a big influence on Goodfellas. And, yeah Lawrence of Arabia must be viewed on a big screen, preferably in 70mm. Although, I'm someone who doesn't even watch movies anymore because they're gutted by DVD or TV and I couldn't be bothered going to the cinema.

If we're still doing Western recomendations, something by Anthony Mann is a must, particularly if we're talking about movies that both utilise the landscape, and have a psychological dimension. I'd say The Man From Laramie is a good choice, but I don't know why. Whatever you do, don't watch The Proposition. People may call it a visually stunning existential Western, but they're ****ing pricks and probably like Lost in Translation. It's not by Anthony Mann... but seems to belong in this paragraph for some reason...

edit: the language filter is less restrictive than I thought. I take it that it's not a way of giving me blessing to sprinkle my posts with a word beginning in c and ending in unts?

Last edited by Junkface; 05-08-2006 at 10:38 PM.