View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #47
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerz
Accidents aren't always caused by speed you know. I'd say the number one cause of accidents is driver focus.
I'd be willing to agree with that thought. Nevertheless, even if you are focused, the faster you are going, the less time you have to react to a change in the road, obviously.

On a freeway where lanes are generally straight, the existing flow patterns clearly delineated, and changes in the flow of traffic usually measured and warned about ahead of time, you have a bit more wiggle room (well, in a practical sense, anyway, if not in a legal sense). Other than that, most roadways aren't designed for speed.

My roommate's never gotten a speeding ticket... at least, not in the 8 years I've known him, even though he doesn't have a radar detector. Why? Because he doesn't speed. End of story, as far as I'm concerned. Speed too much if one likes, but I don't approve of buying a radar detector, and I shan't be sympathetic if one gets fined or worse.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."