View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 03:28 AM   #70
phankiejankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
As a default method, maybe it's a no-go, but I don't see why it couldn't be left in as an option. Dreamfall offers (not point'n'click, but PC-specific) mouse-only control scheme, despite being a cross-platform title.

Regardless, I made no statements - I am only refuting yours ("p&c is dead") as ungrounded.
Let me rephrase that in the mainstream world that covers both PCs and consoles p&c is dead. Apart from the niche market of AGamers the rest of the world doesn't give a damn about p&c. In fact many are making fun of it, as an ancient way of playing games.

Please do not mention RTSs again... It’s true and undoubted that p&c is the best way for these games untill someone comes up with an alternative method.

Quote:
There is a logical fallacy in your argument. It's like you said "Unfortunately comedy movies at least for mainstream success are dead.", and then went on to "prove it" by bringing examples of two successful dramas.
No, no and no. It's you that flirt with logical fallacy. I mentioned adventure games and adventure games only. Fahrenheit and Dreamfall are classified as adventures and I am suggesting that these two adventures with their new features (3D, direct control, action etc.) are more accessible and people like them better. So by me other adventure developers should follow and embrace these features.

On the contrary you are comparing comedies with dramas. Both are movies as both games are games but dramas and comedies within the movies sphere are different things. If Dreamfall and Fahrenheit were FPS, RTGs, Platforms etc. I could understand your point but their not.

Quote:
By the way, since you brought up the sales argument, can you link to whatever you're basing it on? I always find it hard to find reliable sales figures for games.
I can't help you with that since only Funcom could give you reliable sales figures but I can't see why retailers would lie and put a game in their top 10 lists, especially one that its distribution is a bit problematic.

Quote:
Three words: World. Of. Warcraft.
Online and RTS are the last things PCs can rely too, when RTSs go out of fashion and consoles win the online war then its bye-bye.