View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #1178
Once A Villain
OUATIJ Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Speaking of that movie, I just read this article by Thomas Moore commenting on this movie. Not a review but a reflection on the type of 9/11 movie it is and what role he feels movies dealing with 9/11 should have.
Thanks but no thanks... I just can't respect the opinion of this guy. He writes an entire article about what the film should be, and then says, "I will not go to see United 93." He wants the movie to delve deeper into the reasons for the attack and the reasons people commit such atrocities on one another, but he hasn't even seen it. Also, if the film is just a factual, dramatized account of what happened...what's wrong with that? Perhaps that was the intent.

Tora! Tora! Tora! was the same type of film. Granted, that film was made nearly thirty years after Pearl Harbor. Still, I don't think it's "too soon" for this movie. The filmmakers spoke with every single family that lost someone on United 93, and they all agreed that the film should be made. It is dedicated to the memory of all who died on September 11, 2001. Also, there's no blatant flag waving in this movie, and the director is British.