View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #41
Jeysie
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk
They're driving hazards under the control of hazardous drivers and they're perfectly legal.
*Any* car is dangerous in the control of a hazardous driver. Part of the problem with SUVs is that people let the illusion of safety from an SUV make them worry less about driving carefully... and the fact that an SUV requires different handling exacerbates the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
For all the moron drivers out there I haven't been in an accident in ages. Driving is a lot about being aware of your surroudings. If you are going the speed limit and paying attention to others, you'll do fine most of the time.
True... just that there's already so much to keep track of while driving without idiot drivers adding to the problem.

Aside from his stupidity as a teen, every other time my roommate's been in an accident is because other people were reckless... and he's a careful driver who has good reflexes and spacial sense and such. I have poor reflexes, a poor spacial sense, and poor "eye focus" (hell, I can literally barely *walk* without bumping into something on a regular basis), so having to deal with reckless drivers on top of the usual road considerations makes me nervous.

In all honesty though, I'm just irritated at people who avoid speeding tickets by doing things like purchasing radar detectors, instead of just *slowing down* and always obeying the speed limits, which are there to make you safer.

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."