View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 06:58 AM   #51
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Why not? I can do that in most RPGs that use the twin sticks/mouse and keyboard setup.
If you take out hybrids(because it's not the same gameplay), and console RPGs(because you can't move full stop in them), how many RPGs let you attack and move at the same time? Does Baldur's Gate? Does The Temple of Elemental Evil? Neverwinter Nights? Fallout(it's turn based, but it makes it pretty difficult to move and attack)?
Quote:
I'm curious, how did those skills work?
Aim, right-click.
Quote:
Were you able to maneuver your character in any direction while shooting/spellcasting in any other direction?
No, this is part of the gameplay, you are stationary when casting/shooting/hitting, unless you use a skill that moves and does one of those things.
Quote:
Certainly not only because of their interface.
If you spent some time with it, it would be quite obvious that it's a major factor.
Quote:
Again, I can only speak of the original game, but its interface was FAR from flawless. Good luck playing Crimsonland with Diablo's interface.
Good luck playing Diablo with Crimsonland's interface, they're pretty different games. That has no effect on how perfect Diablo 2's interface undoubtibly is. I wasn't saying that other RPGs should adopt Diablo's interface, that'd be horrible, I'm saying that if Diablo had a different interface, it wouldn't be half the game, and that the interface it has is pretty much perfect for the game.