View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 05:37 AM   #43
insane_cobra
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_
While items are on the floor you can click them, your character will move to them and pick them up exactly like an Adventure, like for example, Discworld. Movement and the interface in general isn't about pointing with the mouse, it's more about direction, with a stop/go action. Perhaps other people can play differently, but it would make you very inefficient, and slow, which would make multiplayer a little difficult.
I never played Diablo 2, but in the original game you'd point and click to where you wanted your character to move OR you'd click, hold and then point the direction. At least I think so. I remember Diablo becoming quite notorious for its click-click-click gameplay at the time.

Wait, let's see what the manual has to say about this:
Quote:
Movement in Diablo is accomplished by placing the cursor over the area where you wish to walk and then holding down the left mouse button. Your character will automatically move towards that direction. Note that walls, monsters, or closed doors may prevent your character from being able to find a route to where you want him to go.
So it's some sort of direct control, but pretty clumsy, it makes attacking while moving harder than it should be. I'd say that, although a mouse-only direct control interface is possible, it's not the happiest way of handling things.