View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #79
Len Green

Quote:
Thanks, Mordalles. I'm glad to hear your comments even though you didn't like the game that much. As far as I'm concerned, any feedback is a good thing. Yes, I mean it. Even if someone hates the game, I'd like to hear about that, too. (If anyone hating the game is reading this, you should feel free to mail me your comments. Or feel free to post them. Either way, I'll welcome it.) I intend to continue making games, and while mails saying "I loved your game" feels very good to recieve (I've actually recieced those - yay!), a post such as yours that tries to say why you didn't like it is more useful.
I DO like FatPoK. I think that it’s an excellent freeware game containing, amongst other things, a LOT of originality.

Now its beta-testers are going to slaughter me!
I’ve beta-tested at least 2 dozen games (and written about 3 dozen walkthroughs). A few of these have been made by Swedish Developers (including Frasse!) and all have been excellent… Sweden seems to excel, and in many fields IMHO!

However, I apologize, but my tester’s experience causes me to automatically notice the subtitles… possibly somewhat more when there are only texts and no speech!

I am probably only about half way through the game, but I have already noticed just a few mistakes which detract a little from the generally excellent English. I recommend correcting the errors so that the texts are 100% instead of only 90%.

I’m writing this now since I’ve just come across another error:-
Yes, it sounds strange, but I can’t put any other words on it”.
This should be ……
“Yes, it sounds strange, but I can’t put any other words to it”.
Or maybe better still ……
“Yes, it sounds strange, but I can’t describe it in any other words”.