View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #11
Karmillo
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapstorm
I much prefer point-and-click, because it's a burden to have to drive the character around all the time in adventure games. With point-and-click, you just give him commands like "go over there," or "check out that thing," and the protagonist generally does it. It's executive control, which facilitates more strategic thinking and less fuss. With direct control, it's more like, "turn 48 degrees to the left ... good, now forward eight steps, a little to the right, forward, that's is, a little more, now sharp turn left, nope back a bit ... uh oh, you're snagged on something. Stop doing the moonwalk! WHY WON'T YOU GO WHERE I WANT TO GO?!"
I dont know what games youve been playing but generaly direct control games work just as good as point and click, the only difference is instead of telling the character to "go there" and then waiting untill he gets there, your moving the character there yourself. Point and click has just as many snags as direct control games.

Infact IMO Point and Click is allot more prone to have the character not go where you want them to than direct control does, cause I cant see you sending your character all the way around the room to get to the spot next to you when your in direct control of that guy