View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toefur
This is just silly
They were perfectly valid questions. And since your "rebuttal" consists of precisely nothing, I'll assume you don't have one.

Quote:
Where does one draw the line with this slipperly slope arguement? I am not interested in half the news posted on the main page... perhaps you should consider giving that it's own section?
There is absolutely nothing slippery about this slope. A small number of personal preferences has no bearing on anything.

Quote:
I think it has the opposite effect. People forget about it, don't pay attention to it, etc. I for one am very interested in underground games and the underground scene but the lack of any mention of it on the front page makes me entirely forget about the existance of such a section on the site.
You don't know its effect. I said it was our GOAL to encourage more visitors to UG. One that we're working towards. You did notice we recently hired a bunch of new UG writers, yes? You're commenting on its current state.

Quote:
If I, someone who is already highly interested in this area, can thus not be always aware of other news updates in the underground section, how are other visitors that aren't already familiar likely to find it?
You mean "choose" not. Not "can" not. Don't confuse not running on the front site with not being linked to on the front page. It's a whopping one extra mouse click to get to UG news.

Quote:
As has been stated before by other staff: the percentage of site visitors that actually visit the forums is a very small amount. A lot of the underground news that I find interesting, I don't even realise exists until I see the news updates at the top of the forums. So, and what of people that don't visit the forums...
And has been stated before by me, many times. Forumites should not think they represent the majority of our site readers, so really all you're doing is expressing personal opinion. And forumites complaining that they can't get info as easily as they want is hardly anything new, even when it's right in front of them.

Quote:
I just can't see any negatives to major underground news updates being featured on the main page...
I'm sure for you there wouldn't be any. Anyway, as I already stated, we've considered the idea of making UG news a personal option that people can either choose or not choose to appear on the front page. But you know, sometimes the 6000 other things to do sometimes take more priority.