View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 AM   #5
Toefur
More slaw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal
Why have a separate UG forum? Why have a separate UG section at all?
This is just silly

Quote:
We have a separation because not everyone is that interested in them.
Where does one draw the line with this slipperly slope arguement? I am not interested in half the news posted on the main page... perhaps you should consider giving that it's own section?
Quote:
Isn't a better goal to encourage people to visit the Underground section more regularly?
I think it has the opposite effect. People forget about it, don't pay attention to it, etc. I for one am very interested in underground games and the underground scene but the lack of any mention of it on the front page makes me entirely forget about the existance of such a section on the site.

If I, someone who is already highly interested in this area, can thus not be always aware of other news updates in the underground section, how are other visitors that aren't already familiar likely to find it?

Quote:
I'm not sure why this would matter much to forumites, though. You can see all the news headlines at the top of the page.
As has been stated before by other staff: the percentage of site visitors that actually visit the forums is a very small amount. A lot of the underground news that I find interesting, I don't even realise exists until I see the news updates at the top of the forums. So, and what of people that don't visit the forums...

I just can't see any negatives to major underground news updates being featured on the main page...