Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #49
samIamsad
capsized.

I'm also longing for a new big epic adventure. Like the "Baldur's Gate" series, the "Fallout games", "Ultima 7" and so on. Still haven't played "Arcanum" and "Vampire: Bloodlines" and "Gothic 2", so there's no reason to complain for me, really. Thinking about it, I'm actually overfed with games. There's still a one gig abandonware folder and plenty emulator stuff on my hard disk that I'm accessing constantly. Even if there wouldn't be any new games in development anymore, I'd be fed until I die. Probably. And it's not like there have been that many dramatic changes and earth-shattering fresh ideas during the last couple of years, either. "Why bother about the new shit when most of the new shit is nothing but the old shit?", they say. At least Nintendo seems to be trying at the moment. The people involved in marketing are sure making a great job in this industry. So Bioware isn't going to release this game for my machine? *shrugs* There's plenty other fish in the sea (for me, far too many anyway). Admittedly, the real gems are super rare and the stinkers are plenty, but hey.

OT (or: Why I'm using my PC as a gaming machine): I've been using a computer for gaming since.. like forever, starting way back in the 80s with some 8 bit machines. I did own some consoles. A Gameboy, a Super Nintendo (Super Famicon for some of you). I'm probably not one of 'em hardcore gamers. Read: I'm not feeling the need to fork out cash on hard- and/or software on a regular basis. In fact, I do it very, very rarely anymore and haven't bought a game for months now. "The times, they are a-changing". As such, I'm not willing to pay money for a machine I don't really need. Okay, make that "At the moment I'm not willing to blahblah". Okay? I need a PC for writing, I used to need it for programing and it can play more games than I could ever finish in my entire life, too. I'm all set. Whoo! Awesome.

Still nice to see Capcom porting their latest "Resident Evil" game. I sure hope Konami is going to continue porting the "Silent Hill" series, too.