View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 05:28 AM   #1043
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Inside Man

Wow. The trailers of this were really, really pointing to nothing else than a cliché movie with pseudo-cool bank robbers and a couple of good cops.

The actual thing is more comparable with Fight Club in the mood that it carries (I found). Not all characters are believable - I found particularily two to be obnoxiously badly played (the psychologist and the "problem solving" lady) - but it's really my only gripe. The movie is beautifully made and in my opinion not at all predictable as to its outcome...

Spoiler:
though I predict bank robberies that are well planned out to go somehow along the lines of Quick Change, and this movie clearly picks up on the idea, but it is used as a diversion only.

One thing got lost along the way, though, the why of the bank robbery. But it's really clearly said in the beginning - because he can. That's enough for me.

Favorite scene in the movie?

Spoiler:
Where he's sitting with one of the hostage's kids in the vault and asks for the kids' PSP, only to see this completely brutal shooter game (and the kid is apparently a fan of 50 Cent). Then follows this awesome scene in which he test-plays the game, getting directions from the kid what the purpose is, etc, and he shoots a guy down, sticks a grenade into the guy's mouth, and then gains distance before the guy's head explodes, which is so ridiculously brutal I could not help but laugh. A lot.

But the humour only got better. Because he hmms, glances at the kid and says, (paraphrased), "You know, I think I need to talk with your dad about this game."

I find that just great - the criminal, shocked by the violence in a game. That speaks volumes. It's such a funny, funny little scene!
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™