View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 06:09 PM   #999
42yoMan
adventurefan99

Easily the best two movies I've seen recently are:

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: Had to travel to the nearest capital city due to fact that my local cinema refuses to play good movies with smaller budgets. Quite simply one of the smartest, wittiest and fast paced action comedies I've ever seen. Supurb action, hilarious comedy moments (One of the best gags I've ever seen, had the whole audience laughing a whole two minutes after it happened) and great acting, it's such a pity that it didn't get a wide release.

[RANT] It could have been the film reviving both Robert Downie Jnr. and Val Kilmer's carrer as well as establishing Shane Black as not only an extremely talented screenwriter, but also a very stylish director. But for some reason Warner Bros. didn't see the film as worthy of a wide release and it consequently commercially flopped. Hopefully the DVD sales will be more successful (Though from the one released here in Australia, there will be absolutely NO special features)... [/RANT]

The Proposition Easily one of the best movies to come out of Australia in years. Stunningly photographed, poetically written and brutally violent, it gives a completely different view to the early Australian outback which has so often been romanticized in poetry and other forms of literature. Also features top-notch acting from some of Australia's most talented stars.