View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:47 AM   #1
Kolzig
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig
Default I'm not going to London! And other great stories...

Well, first of all I lied with that title. I am going to London, but only for one night at first, but let's not go into that right now, let me start this story from the very beginning that is last summer.

Ahh yes... summer of 2005, the summer of disappointments. I didn't get to the university that I wanted, like some of you might remember. Also I left a floorball team that I had been a member of for about seven years and joined another team that was another hard time for me.

Oh well, my plans were to go back to the post office or something like that and just wait for next summer and the next entrance exams, but my father started pushing me very heavily towards another school called Vaasa Vocational Institute and there the department of technonology and business economy. At first I was not interested at all in that school and anything about it. As soon I started there my views began to change very rapidly and I started enjoying being in that place. The degree that I'm after there takes only two years to study and soon the first year is about to end. I've gotten almost perfect scores on all the exams and I'm pretty happy with how things are going there.

At the moment my university plans have been put to hold and I'm going to finish this school first and then go to the university and when that time comes I'm going to get there.

And now let's get to the most important part of the story...

During the autumn periods, one of my teachers who handles the international affairs told me and others about a possibility to go abroad in the last period of spring when we are supposed to go basically to work at some place that has something to do with our degree. There were two choices, Sweden and United Kingdom, I of course immediately became really interested about that UK choice. So time has passed and now everything has been settled, I'm going to UK in April for seven and half weeks with couple of girls from my class. Destination is Basingstoke, a city the size of Vaasa about 60 km west from London. I'm so excited about the trip that I don't know if I've ever been this excited about anything.

It seems that these days everybody are going UK.
I'd love to meet some of you UK people if that is any way possible when I'm there.

This is the reason why I won't get to play Dreamfall and many other great games as soon as those are released.

PS. I never posted any pics from my October visit to London, there just really wasn't any worthy pics to post here. I don't know if anyone cared, except maybe Mattsius.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.