Thread: Cruelty?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #21
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Am I the only one that thiks Ninth is being a selfish git.

After all she did lose her own cellphone and money at the same time. It's not like she meant to lose it.

It's only a camera. I'm sure she feels bad enough.

If in a few years she's losing the kids at a party you can get a bit more upset.
I'm angry against her because she was careless and made the same mistake more than twice, this time with the extra bonus of the losing not only hers, but also my stuff. Plus she was probably drunk, and I don't think one should get drunk when not able to deal with it.
Now, since she is indeed very upset, I obviously won't be really harsh (as you said, it's just a camera), but on the other hand I don't want the same thing to happen again in the past, mostly for her sake, but also out of principles (a bit silly, perhaps). So I'll don't want to say something like "It's no big deal", even if I don't think it's really bad, and even if I really want to console her.

By the way, she got stolen not only her money, but all her papers (credit card, etc...). And, as an extra, it happened in an engineering school party, so the thief has to be one of the guy at her school. You know, one of these guys who will start working and earning their lives well in two weeks. I'm sure they really needed the extra money. Bleh.

This week-end I'm driving 500km to move her stuff from Caen to Paris. At least that's one fewer camera we'll have to worry about moving.