Thread: Cruelty?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #13
jjacob

I had something similar with a drunken friend a couple of years ago - at the time he had just gotten fired from his delivery job and had no money, not even to pay his mobile phone bills, so he came to me at a party all down and depressed and asked me for my phone to call his girlfriend, whom he suspected of seeing someone else. I couldn't refuse (I can hardly, ever) so I gave it to him, and about half an hour later I saw him again, asked how it went and if I could get my phone back, and he told me that his girlfriend had dumped him over the phone and that he already gave me back my phone. He was so drunk he could barely stand up straight, so I decided to let it go for now and ask him about it the next day. I went around the party asking if someone'd seen the phone but no success. The next day he didn't even remember calling his girlfriend with my phone (let alone being dumped by her) and didn't believe me when I said he lost my phone, so something inside me just snapped and I got furious over it and he instantly promised to get me a new phone, which he did a week later. I felt kind of sorry for snapping at him and having to tell him his gf had dumped him at the same time, but since then he never lost anything ever again (whereas he used to lose EVERYTHING, from his wallet to his bike to his schoolbooks), so I guess he did learn something from the whole thing. This is ofcourse an entirely different story than you, but I would suggest getting atleast a little mad at her so she might be more careful in the future.