View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 04:24 AM   #37
Kurufinwe

I've finished Day 3. I really love this game. Jane Jensen is especially good at making interesting and believable characters: Gabe, Grace, Malia, even Madame Cazaunoux has a real depth. But Malia's definitely the best, of course. Although, every time I hear Leilani Jones, I'm reminded of her playing the voodoo lady (!) in MI. And Tim Curry's doing a much better job than in GK3, where he really overdoes it. (And Mark Hamill can't act, but that's hardly a surprise.)

The plot is moving much faster than I remembered, which is actually nice. The game would probably have been a bit better by toning down the gratuitous puzzles (like the whole drawing/lucky dog sequence), but it still works rather well.

Well, there doesn't seem to be a community schedule anymore, so I'll just go on as I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod
My predictions:

Spoiler:

It seems to me that Malia Gedde is the real Voodoo queen or whatever... the story of Laveau implied she was just a figurehead for the real powerplayer. Malia has some sort of voodoo thing going on with Gabe. Now that I've received Wolfgang's journal with the "shockingly" similar plotline in his family's past, I'd now put a hefty wager on it. I imagine the game's remaining major plot points will mirror those in the journal's last page.

Probably missing a lot of details

I'm on Day 5 now and stuck on some nasty puzzles
It sounds like you haven't read the graphic novel that came with the game. You really ought to. See here if you've got one of those versions that don't have it. And, regarding your predictions... Well, you'll see.

And is Day 5 St John's Eve? That day was hard. But I thought that was day 6... I can't remember.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]