View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #32
bigjko
El Luchador

Send a message via ICQ to bigjko Send a message via MSN to bigjko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Preview
If you weren't a fan of the chase sequences in Out from Boneville, you're probably more than a little apprehensive of the pinnacle event in the second game: the cow race. I won't give away exactly what they've done, but I can say that Telltale has created a series of little puzzles that occur during the race, yet don't require lightning-speed reflexes. And the way the cows' udders swing as they run is hilarious.
That one was awesome to read, both because it sounds like a really good improvement. But also because it sounds very close to what I wrote on TellTale's forums after playing the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
They were, to be blunt, boring. The game has all this fancy cinematography throughout, and then we're stuck with a top-view of an exciting Rat Creature chase?

IMO this should've been a simpler action game (where you only control the characters jumping, not his position on the screen) with a more cinematic camera. Better yet, it could've incorporated some puzzles, like point-n-clickin' the right way through the valley while running. Couple this with some good cinematography and animation, and you'd have something loads better, I think.
It really sounds like they've listened to everything the fans have been saying, and improved on that. I'm wondering if they're going to have proper music mixing this time 'round. The music had the problem of never actually fitting in with the mood the game was trying to set up.