View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #24
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Compare the new model to this picture of the old one. It's not just the hair, but also the shape of her face and eyes. The face was longer and more angular before; now it's rounder with softer edges. Same with the eyes -- they were kind of narrow and slitty before, and now they're a bit larger and rounder. They're subtle changes, but I think both contribute to a younger, more innocent feel for the character. I definitely think this model is closer to the Thorn in the book than the previous one.
Better. Eyes still aren't shaped right, though. Her look may be a little softer, but the innocence isn't there yet. Part of the problem is that she has no eyelids. That may sound nitpicky, but it's not. It's not like the comic is overly detailed, but they're almost always present there. And used well, it really helps with conveying the proper expression.

EDIT: Also, I'm really stoked about all the improvements in Bone 2. I'm sure Telltale already knew for themselves much of what the fans complained about, but it's great to know how dedicated they are to addressing them.