View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #16
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp-30
Without going back and looking at old screenshots, the hair's the only thing that looks different to me. Still, I'm a male and we're not supposed to notice when our lady friends have makeovers, are we...
Compare the new model to this picture of the old one. It's not just the hair, but also the shape of her face and eyes. The face was longer and more angular before; now it's rounder with softer edges. Same with the eyes -- they were kind of narrow and slitty before, and now they're a bit larger and rounder. They're subtle changes, but I think both contribute to a younger, more innocent feel for the character. I definitely think this model is closer to the Thorn in the book than the previous one.

Also, you can't tell from those screenshots, but she's wearing leggings now. Kevin Bruner made a funny comment when I was there, about the fact that they had to change Thorn out of her skirt because it was "problematic." I asked why, and he said "Because Fone's really short. And he first meets Thorn when she's sitting on a log..."

Hadn't occurred to me, but I see what he means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkface
I can't help noticing the shadows have disappeared from characters though... maybe that's just because of the incomplete lighting.
I would take everything you've seen so far with a grain of salt. My understanding of Telltale's development tools is that they can continue making lighting, camera angle, and choreography changes up until pretty much the last minute. So although what you're seeing in these screenshots is indicative of the people and places in the game, these screens do not show the precise staging, etc. that we'll be getting in the finished product.